Residents of Clearwater who may be suffering from auto accident injuries need to consider the importance of seeking medical assistance as soon as possible. While the state of shock may not reveal injuries immediately, symptoms could appear days after the collision. Instead of waiting for the pain to settle in, visit a chiropractic clinic as a preventative measure.
Additionally, waiting will only allow your Florida insurance company not to cover the medical costs related to the treatment of these types of injuries. In our state, insurance companies only cover costs if you sought medical care within 14 days of the accident.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
While broken bones are obvious damage that may occur during a collision, other types of injuries less visible are common and often underestimated.
Auto accident injuries are also often called whiplash pains because of the sudden whipping movement the body undergoes during a collision in Clearwater. When a car is struck from behind, the impact forces the body and head into an unnatural position. The movement occurring causes the lower vertebrae to be in an abnormal position, damages neck tissues and results in whiplash. These can affect various parts of the body including:
- Back problems such as sprains, strains, or herniated disc can limit your mobility and cause you to be in much pain.
- The neck is a delicate area where it is common to feel stiffness after a car accident. More serious injuries include cervical dislocation
- The brain and head can be affected as the head may hit an object. Aside from visible cuts or bruises, the shock may cause blurred vision, dizziness, headaches, and sleep disturbances.
Chiropractic Care Options
While neck braces and rest were the original treatment for whiplash and other related auto accident injuries around Clearwater, recent studies have found a limited use of the neck may cause chronic pain occur.
Chiropractic care, however, provides a gentle therapy option that aims at reducing pain as quickly as possible. The care available at Coastal Chiropractic can help you treat recent auto accident injuries and older pains, as well.
When you visit Coastal Chiropractic, we take the time to diagnose the injury with a complete examination of your spine. This step is important as injuries can occur all along the spine even if you do not feel pain at the moment. The diagnosis will allow isolating the areas that are causing issues and determine the best plan of action for your situation.
Common treatments for our patients suffering from auto accident injuries include:
- Muscle relaxation and stimulation to stretch the muscle, which helps relieve tension.
- Manipulations of the spine to gently move the joint into the direction that is limited in movement.
- Related therapies that may include trigger point therapy, physical therapy, and exercise rehabilitation pair really well with chiropractic care and offer long lasting relief to our patients in Clearwater.
About Coastal Chiropractic
At Coastal Chiropractic, Dr. Marc Rogers is dedicated to finding a treatment option adapted to your situation so you can say goodbye to painful days. Whether you are suffering from auto accident injuries, or other types of muscle and joints pains, chiropractic care can help you.
After an extensive education and years of experience, Dr. Marc Rogers settle his practice in the Tampa Bay to serve the residents of Clearwater. With his help, relieving pain does not require drugs, but uses a natural and gentle approach.
To get more information about chiropractic care, or to schedule an appointment in Clearwater, give us a call today at 727-581-2774 and see how we can help you live life to its fullest.