When you’ve been in a traumatic automobile accident or suffered a debilitating sports injury, seeking chiropractic care is one of the best options for revitalizing and restoring your body’s health. Neck pain is one of the most common symptoms a person will experience after such bodily trauma, and at Coastal Chiropractic of Clearwater, we are well-versed in the most effective methods for treating and alleviating this type of discomfort.
Diagnosing Your Neck Pain
If you’re experiencing discomfort or tenderness, seeing a chiropractic practitioner is the first step to feeling better. Your doctor will evaluate your spine to determine whether the issue is isolated or whether you may have multiple affected areas. By determining the precise area causing discomfort, your physician can better treat the underlying cause and provide long-term neck pain relief.
There are a number of reasons you could be feeling sore or stiff, but many of the Clearwater patients who come to Coastal Chiropractic have experienced similar triggers:
- Whiplash from car accidents
- Muscle strains from poor posture
- Nerve compression from spinal discs
- Wear and tear in joints from frequent repetitive motion
To provide you with the best care possible, your doctor will perform a physical exam in order to diagnose you. In some cases, you may also go through imaging tests so that the practitioner can get a closer look at your body and locate the cause of your neck pain.
Always make sure you are open and honest with your Clearwater area chiropractic care physician in order to facilitate an accurate diagnosis and an effective course of treatment. Depending on how your injury was sustained, your doctor could take a number of different treatment approaches.
Healing Through Chiropractic Care
Although many doctors will prescribe patients chemically manufactured pills to minimize their discomfort, this is not the way Coastal Chiropractic operates. Our team of expert practitioners believes that total body health can be achieved without pharmaceuticals, and we approach healing with that state mind frame to better serve our Clearwater patients.
Once you’ve been properly examined and diagnosed, we will recommend a course of treatment to treat your neck pain without drugs. Each patient is different, but the treatment methods most often used are spinal manipulations, deep tissue massages, and rehabilitation exercises.
- Spinal manipulation, also referred to as a chiropractic adjustment, is a technique performed by many chiropractors in order to restore a healthy range of motion to the patient. Through adjustments, the doctor is able to target the problem areas of the vertebrae and repair any subluxation causing inflammation and neck pain. This technique can be performed manually or with the help of a small tool.
- Deep tissue massage therapy focuses on realigning the muscles and connective tissues. This method often improves circulation, reduces swelling and inflammation, and promotes faster recovery times for the patient. Your Clearwater specialist can massage the connective tissues using slower movements and deeper pressures in order to improve mobility, minimize aches, and realign the spine.
- Rehabilitation therapy combines multiple treatment techniques in order to encourage a faster healing process for the patient. Although each patient is different and requires a unique set of rehabilitation methods, it is common for rehabilitation exercises focus on strengthening and stretching muscles using electric muscle stimulation, ultrasound, cold laser therapy, kinesiotaping, and neuromuscular rehabilitation.
Our Healing Philosophy
Coastal Chiropractic has been serving the Clearwater community with superior chiropractic care for years. Our team of experts promotes treating the root cause of neck pain, rather than masking symptoms with chemicals, which is why our treatment plans focus on the inside and outside of the body to target and alleviate discomfort effectively.
We offer chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy, nutritional and lifestyle guidance, spinal and postural screenings, and corrective exercises to better improve our patients’ overall health and wellness in addition to treating their ailments.
If you’re interested in learning about our practice or scheduling an appointment, call us today at (727) 581-2774.