People suffering from neck pain can be found everywhere around Seminole. Unfortunately many do not realize that drugs do not always provide lasting relief. In order to find a real solution to this common problem, it is important to understand where the ache comes from.
Where Does The Pain Come From?
Neck pains can be caused by a variety of causes. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Muscle strains: Spending too much time in an awkward position often causes soreness and reduces your range of movement.
- Worn joint: With age the joints in your neck will undergo wear and tear, which can cause soreness in the area.
- Nerve compression: Herniated disks in the vertebrae can press on the nerves, creating a very painful situation.
- Car accidents: Collisions often result in whiplash injuries, which occur because of the jerking movement the head makes when your car is struck.
While feeling neck pain is always a sign of a serious injury, it requires a special treatment plan. Without proper care the problem can settle in and create extreme discomfort, which often prevents Seminole residents from enjoying life to the fullest. Some other symptoms that accompany this type of pain include headaches, low back ache, sleep disturbances, and more.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help Neck Pain?
In many cases, chiropractic care is the right solution for neck pains. After an auto accident in Seminole, for example, you may not feel any discomfort because of the stress the event has put on your body. After a few days however you might start feeling stiffness and think a couple pain relievers will help. Instead of waiting for the injury to settle in, and for drugs to become active seek help immediately following the crash.
Visiting a chiropractor soon after an auto accident allows your doctor to examine parts of the body that commonly get hurt during a collision. Regardless of the reason of your appointment, and even if the discomfort is only felt in the area of your neck, your doctor of chiropractic will be taking a look at your entire spine because other regions may be affected without you feeling it.
After setting a detailed diagnosis, your doctor will be able to craft a fully customized treatment plan adapted to your situation. Some of the best treatments for neck pains include manipulations, massages, and related therapies. These offer a long term solution to relieve pressure on nerves, joints, and muscles without the need of drugs or surgery in Seminole.
- Manipulations involve moving the joint mildly in the direction that is limited, applying short thrusts, or slow movements.
- Massages are ideal to relax and stimulate the muscles by stretching them gently to relieve extreme tension.
- Related therapies complete manipulations and massages and can include trigger point therapy, physical therapy, and exercise rehabilitation.
About Coastal Chiropractic
The residents of Seminole can rely on the skills and treatments options offered by Dr. Marc Rogers of Coastal Chiropractic. Thanks to his medical knowledge, extensive training, and years of practice be sure that you can recover a pain free life without the need to rely on pills. His passions is what drives him to recommend care customized to what the individual patient needs instead of promoting a one-type-fits-all type of treatment.
If you have been in a car accident in Seminole and are feeling neck pain as a result, or have old injuries that create constant discomfort in your life, do not wait any longer. Call us today at 727-581-2774 to learn more about our services, see how we can help you, and schedule your first appointment.
META: Patients suffering from neck pain can finally find long lasting relief thanks to the services of skilled chiropractors.