While a headache or back pain may seem innocuous at first, auto accident injuries like these can develop into serious, chronic conditions if not treated immediately. Oftentimes, people in Largo will wait and see how they feel in a week or two, rather than see a doctor right away. But, thanks to new Florida law, you only have 14 days to make an insurance claim for medical bills; after the allotted time period, you become ineligible for insurance benefits.
At Coastal Chiropractic in Largo, we urge you to visit our walk-in clinic after a car collision, even if you don’t show signs of injury. We will be able to evaluate the extent of your auto accident injuries and develop a plan of treatment for you that will include chiropractic adjustments and physical therapy, as well as the proper documents for insurance agencies.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
Dr. Marc Rogers sees a lot of patients at Coastal Chiropractic that are suffering from a myriad of auto accident injuries. Regardless of the intensity of the crash, there are many factors that come into play when determining how your body will be affected. Some of the most common injuries here in Largo include:
- Numbness: Including loss of feeling, tingling, or prickling, this can be a result of a sensory nerve malfunctioning that has been damaged or pinched.
- Seatbelt injury: Many people don’t realize the negative effects a seatbelt can have during a collision. While it can save your life, it can also cause your vertebrae to become misaligned which can pinch nerves, resulting in pain.
- Whiplash: This is one of the most common auto accident injuries in Largo. If you’re experiencing neck pain, it may derive from injury to the ligaments, tendons, and muscles in your neck. These injuries are caused by sudden movement of your neck that is beyond it’s normal range of motion.
- Lower back pain: Back injuries have a high prevalence in becoming chronic, so you should have your back looked at by a chiropractor immediately.
- Headaches: It makes sense to have a headache after a minor collision, especially if your head hit the steering wheel or back of the seat. These usually go away after a few days, but what if it doesn’t? Misaligned vertebrae and injured ligaments can leave you living with pain for much longer than necessary.
If you have been in a car collision, call us right away at 727-581-2774 or visit us at our Largo walk-in clinic as soon as possible.
How Coastal Chiropractic Rehab & Wellness Can Help You
At Coastal Chiropractic, we have a walk-in clinic where you can come in and have your auto accident injuries checked out by our chiropractor, Dr. Rogers without an appointment. Even if you think you feel fine, you should still come in! Many people will think that with ice, rest, and Aspirin their injuries will go away; however, waiting can result in the loss of insurance benefits as well as prolong your pain. Sometimes, it can even take a few weeks before you start to feel significant pain, simply because inflammation can build up over time. After a collision, people will rest and not take part in any activities that are painful. However, when they decide to return to normal activities, they will notice the injury is still present, and will be responsible for paying for treatment themselves.
We Accept All Major Insurance
Even if it was just a minor fender-bender, you could have underlying auto accident injuries. Call us today at Coastal Chiropractic to see how we can help you. With our gentle adjustments and state of the art technologies, we will help you get on the road to recovery. We accept all major insurances including:
- United Healthcare
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield
- Workers compensation
- Auto Accident compensation
When you visit us after a collision, we will document your auto accident injuries for the insurance agencies, and plan out a detailed treatment plan for you. We have close relationships with local Largo orthopedists, neurologists, and MRI facilities, so we can offer you referrals if necessary.
For more information, give us a call or feel free to stop by our Largo walk-in clinic to learn how a chiropractor can help you achieve drug-free pain relief.