Chronic neck pain is often torturous to endure. Not only can it limit you from doing certain activities, but it can also demotivate you and diminish your productivity. This type of ailment often sets in slowly, taking years of poor posture and old, unhealed injuries to fully set in. The first step many Largo residents take to seek relief is through the use of anti-inflammatory or pain relief medication; others utilize massages, muscle relaxants, or hot packs. While these methods provide temporary comfort, they are only quick and temporary fixes for true chronic neck pain. A longer lasting solution lies in professional chiropractic care.
Neck Pain Symptoms to Look For
If you are considering looking for professional help in the Largo area to help ease your discomfort, take account of your symptoms:
- How long has your discomfort persisted? If the answer is more than a few days, you can safely assume that the professional help of a chiropractor will be greatly beneficial.
- What’s your range of motion like? If you can’t look to the right or the left without severe discomfort this is a clear indicator that you may have had a vertebrae shift out of alignment and possibly pinched a nerve.
- How regularly do you use medication to treat your symptoms? If you find yourself using over the counter medication to treat your neck pain on a daily basis, you should consult a chiropractor. With proper chiropractic care the need for medication can be eliminated.
- Are you experiencing numbness or tingling in your hands or wrists? This type of sensation can sometimes be related to prior neck related issues and can indicate spinal problems.
- Have you been in any accidents lately? If the answer is yes, you should definitely consult a Largo chiropractor. Any sudden, abnormal motion of the neck, like during a car accident, can cause long lasting, painful problems.
Contact Coastal Chiropractic Today
If chronic neck pain has been putting a damper on your everyday life, let the professionals at Coastal Chiropractic help. Dr. Marc Rogers has been practicing chiropractic in the Largo area for 11 years, and his passion for chiropractic care creates and maintains the new found health and wellness for all of his patients. Dr. Marc will discover the root causes of your problems and develop a treatment plan to make them a thing of the past. Take the first step towards a life of less pain and visit us today! Contact us today at (727) 581-2774 to schedule a visit and examination.