After an accident, whether in a car, as a pedestrian, or on a bike, it is important to seek medical attention from an auto injury chiropractor right away. In Largo, there are accidents every day, and residents need to make sure that they get the care necessary to help their body heal properly. Unfortunately, even after a mild crash where there aren’t any obvious injuries, people fail to get the medical attention they need. Whiplash, muscle strains, and other injuries may not show up right away and can lead to future issues.
Untreated Accident Injuries Can Cause Future Problems
If you do not visit an auto injury chiropractor or another doctor after an accident in Largo, you risk the development of chronic conditions in the future. Characteristically, some accident injuries do not make themselves known until hours, days, weeks, or even months after the collision. At the scene, you may have a few scrapes and bruises, but overall, you feel okay. However, whiplash, back pain, sciatica, and other conditions can arise later on that are directly caused by the impact.
The most common injuries that stem from failing to visit an auto injury chiropractor after an accident in Largo include:
- Migraines and headaches
- Back, neck, and shoulder pain
- Sleeping problems like insomnia
- Dizziness, numbness, and tingling
- Sciatica and nerve damage
How an Auto Injury Chiropractor Helps After an Accident
Chiropractic care is an important part of post-accident medical treatment. Visiting an auto injury chiropractor in Largo can help to:
- Reduce inflammation. Trauma can cause the body’s natural defense systems to go awry, and then you are dealing with muscle and ligament micro-tears, your body puts out an inflammatory reaction. By visiting chiropractic specialist, they can manipulate the spine to release IL-6, which is an anti-inflammatory chemical in the body that helps heal acute injuries.
- Relieve pain. Most people feel severe pain from strains, tears, nerve irritation, and broken bones after an accident. The signals for the pain come from the nervous system, which is usually upset by the physical impact. A chiropractor can restore alignment to the spine, correcting the nervous system and decreasing the pain signals it sends out to the body.
- Decrease chances of future problems. Patients that visit a doctor as soon as possible after a collision have a reduced chance of developing conditions later on. For example, seeing a chiropractic specialist right away can prevent whiplash pain and lower back pain in the weeks following an accident.
- Restore flexibility, movement, and range of motion. Spinal adjustments can restore the body’s movements and ability to flex in various directions.
- Reduce scar tissue. Scar tissue builds up when injuries heal over with new collagen in a random pattern. This tissue does not mimic the skin’s natural patterns. Therefore, it can cause pain in certain injuries while limiting flexibility and range of motion. Chiropractic care can break up the scar tissue. This makes it more evenly distributed while increasing flexibility in the surrounding areas.
Visit Coastal Chiropractic Clinic in the Largo Area for Chiropractic Care
For premier chiropractic care in the Largo area, visit Coastal Chiropractic Clinic. An auto injury chiropractor can help by relieving pain, reducing chances of future conditions, promoting the healing of injuries, and more. Call us today at (727) 581-2774 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.