Motorcycle accident care profoundly differs from car collision care in Largo because of how the body is exposed and where the most impact takes place.
Bike crashes can be fatal, but what body parts are the most vulnerable in non-fatal collisions?
RideApart.com goes over some studies conducted by The Center for Disease Control, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, World Health Organization, and Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine to figure this out. They found a pattern in what body parts get most often injured in non-fatal collisions. So what are they? Read on to find out.
What Body Parts Will Need Most Motorcycle Accident Care
It may seem that the most vulnerable part of the body in most bike crashes in Largo would be the head. However, studies have shown that 30 percent of injuries involved the legs and feet.
Here is the order of which body parts most often need motorcycle accident care after non-fatal collisions:
- 1.Legs and Feet — It makes sense that the legs and feet would be a risk when a car strikes or in the case that the bike falls on the lower extremities. There is nothing to protect them against the impact of the vehicle.
- 2.Head and Neck — Even when the head is properly protected with a helmet, the neck may remain entirely exposed to deal with the sudden impact.
- 3.Chest, Shoulders, and Back — This includes the abdomen and the spine. Chest pain can often be a sign of injuries to internal organs, fractures, or bruises on the ribs, and muscle strain in this region.
- 4.Arms and Hands — Upper extremities are also often completely exposed, leaving them open to burns, tears of the skin, and broken bones.
- 5.Hips and Pelvis — Hip and pelvic fractures are a common part of motorcycle accident care in Largo because of the area the car or bike impacts in a collision. It can collide directly with this region of the rider.
So what does this information tell us? It warns us to protect each body part carefully with appropriate, high-quality protective gear every time you go cruising.
Get Motorcycle Accident Care with Coastal Chiropractic Rehab & Wellness
Even when a bike rider adequately protects the body with a helmet and proper gear, motorcycle accident care is necessary after a collision in Largo to make sure that the spine did not misalign during the impact of the crash or fall.
If you were recently injured, call Coastal Chiropractic Rehab and Wellness Center right away at to start the healing process.
To request an appointment, log on to our website, or call our Largo office at 727-581-2774. We will be happy to answer any of your questions and get you in for treatment as soon as possible. We accept all major insurance companies and offer payment plans for families or individuals who need them.