In the U.S. 50 million adults suffer from chronic pain. Pain interferes with quality of life, yet many choose to suffer from pain without seeking chiropractic clinics that give treatment beyond pain killers. Whether you suffer from chronic pain, are recovering from an injury or even have pain that comes and goes, chiropractors can help. The chiropractic doctors in Largo use specialized treatment plans to improve mobility and range of motion, while reducing pain. Do doctors recommend chiropractors to assist their patients? According to Harvard Health, many do. But maybe more importantly, many patients report success when they seek care from a chiropractic clinic in Largo.
Doctor Referred Chiropractic Treatment
Doctors refer patients to many different health care professionals to help treat back pain. Physical therapists, acupuncturists, massage therapists, and chiropractors all offer treatment plans to ease pain. In fact, often a multi-disciplinary approach to treatment works well. There is research to support the success of the types of treatments the chiropractic doctors in Largo patients use.
Chiropractic Clinic Care for Lower Back Pain
According to a study published in 2018 by JAMA Network Open, after six weeks of chiropractic treatment patients reported the following results:
- Reduced pain intensity
- Improvement in function
- Less disability
- Higher treatment satisfaction
- Reduced use of pain medicine
As well, there were few side effects reported.
Treatments Offered by Chiropractic Doctors in Largo
Doctors at our chiropractic clinic are trained in assessing, diagnosing, treating, and preventing biomechanical disorders originating in the muscular, skeletal, and nervous system. They use manual therapies focused on spinal and extremity joint procedures. Appointments include an assessment based on standard history and physical examination procedures. Chiropractors explore the orthopedic and neurological components of complaints. From there, chiropractic doctors in Largo will generally consider four areas of treatments:
- Joint manipulation and mobilization
- Soft tissue manipulation and massage
- Exercise and physical rehabilitation
- Home care and activity modification advice
Every patient requires their own personalized treatment plan that can also include:
- Nutritional and dietary counseling
- Physical therapy such as ultrasound or electro modalities
- Taping and/or bracing
As mentioned, often a multi-disciplinary approach is best to address all aspects of a patient’s health that might cause pain or function issues.
Further Studies on Chiropractic Care
There are further studies that show chiropractic care is not only safe, but can also assist in treating several complaints including:
- Low Back Pain: Spinal manipulation works for acute, subacute, and chronic low back pain.
- Neck Pain: Spinal manipulation is effective for acute and subacute neck pain as well as for treating acute whiplash when combined with exercise.
- Headaches: Spinal manipulation provides relief for migraine and cervicogenic headaches.
- Extremity Conditions: Relief was found for shoulder girdle pain, adhesive capsulitis, lateral epicondylitis, hip and knee osteoarthritis, patellofemoral pain syndrome, and plantar fasciitis.
- Dizziness: Spinal manipulation was effective in treating the non-musculoskeletal condition, cervicogenic dizziness.
Spinal manipulation is a gentle, non-invasive treatment that can be used to ease pain and improve function. While you can speak to your doctor, no referral is required. If you’ve been feeling back, neck, arm or leg pain, or have been diagnosed with one of the above disorders, we invite you to our chiropractic clinic in largo. Coastal Chiropractic performs a one on one consultation with each patient to create a custom therapy plan specific to your needs. For a closer look at our available services, or to speak to our certified chiropractor, we invite you to call us today at 1-727-581-2774 or contact us online.