Living with back pain can keep you from enjoying life. Finding relief for back pain can be challenging and often results in using pain medication. However, pain medication doesn’t offer a treatment solution. Instead, it simply helps manage the pain. Surgery might also be recommended by your doctor, but this is highly invasive, requiring downtime. However, when seeking spinal decompression from a Chiropractic Clinic, Largo patients can find a highly effective, non-invasive treatment option.
What is Spinal Decompression Therapy?
Non-surgical Spinal Decompression uses a motorized traction table to gently stretch the spine. By doing so, the chiropractic clinic Largo area patients visit can lift pressure from damaged spinal discs.
Why are Spinal Discs Important?
Spinal discs provide protection for your spine. Over time, or following an injury your discs can become damaged or misshapen. This can lead to pain caused by excess pressure. With decompression, the pressure is reduced providing relief. The treatment also stimulates the natural, healthy flow of nutrient-rich fluid and oxygen to trigger healing of your discs. Spinal decompression therapy is also effective in promoting healing for bulging, degenerating, or herniated discs.
What are the Benefits of Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression provides several benefits including:
- Reducing intradiscal pressure
- Promoting retraction or repositioning of the damaged disc material
- Stimulating nutrients and substances to help heal the disc
- Providing pain alleviation related to sciatica, neck, and back pain
What to Expect at Your Chiropractic Clinic Largo Appointment
Your spinal decompression treatment begins by lying on the table. Your chiropractor will determine if your particular treatment requires you to lie face up or down. They will apply a safety strap to keep you secure. They will then adjust the table settings based on the amount of stretching needed to provide relief.
Who Should Consider Spinal Decompression?
As with any treatment, the Chiropractic Clinic Largo patients visit will first take a health history. They will review your medical background and the cause of your pain to determine the best treatment plan to help resolve or alleviate pain. In some cases they might recommend spinal decompression in hand with complementary treatments to get the best results. Those not eligible would include:
- Pregnant women
- Patients with tumors
- Spinal fracture patients
- Severe osteoporosis sufferers
- Patients undergoing bone or spinal cancer treatment
- Patients with a medical fusion at the site of the pain
Every patient receives a thorough assessment before treatment can begin.
When Should I See a Chiropractor?
It could be time to set up an appointment at a Chiropractic Clinic in Largo patients trust if you are:
- Experiencing pain in your neck and back
- Feeling restricted when performing daily tasks, activities, or sports
- Not seeing results from traditional or alternative treatments
- Requiring long-lasting pain relief
- Using pain medication every day or frequently
- Have a diagnosis of a degenerated disc, sciatica, herniated disc, or a bulging disc
Not every chiropractic clinic Largo patients call will offer spinal decompression. However, it will be worth your while to find out if it is right for you. Call Coastal Chiropractic Clinic today at (727) 281-5774 or contact us online. Click here to get your Free Spinal Decompression Report