Many people are aware of the healing effects of chiropractic care after a car accident or sports injury, but what many people don’t know is that spinal manipulation therapy can work for anyone looking to improve his or her overall wellbeing. Whether you’ve suffered from a bodily trauma, you’re living with a chronic pain condition, or you’re simply looking to enhance your quality of life, making an appointment with your local chiropractor could be your answer.
- Pain Management: The most common reasons people seek out spinal manipulations is to manage pain issues, such as sciatica, scoliosis, chronic headaches, and whiplash. By realigning affected vertebrae or joints, tension and inflammation is reduced, lessening pain and increasing mobility.
- Colic, Acid Reflux, and Ear Infections: Many bodily functions are more sensitive to neurological stimulation than the average person may realize. The gut and brain are connected to the neurological system, meaning any disruption or injury to the nervous system can cause other bodily issues. In children or adults, alleviating subluxation can result in fewer colic, acid reflux or ear infection issues.
- Blood Pressure: Studies have shown that manipulation therapy can lower the blood pressure of hypotensive patients. By removing vertebral subluxations, the body is able to correct the higher pressure levels on arteries and blood vessels, reducing the need for blood pressure medications.
- Surgery Prevention: Many patients suffering from back pains either forget about adjustment methods or don’t know enough to seek out treatment. Instead, they turn to doctors whose first recommendation is to surgically solve the issue. In fact, surgery is unnecessary in most cases, and manipulation therapy can noninvasively alleviate the issues.
- Athletic Performance: Athletes often forget about proper posture when working out, but it can actually prevent unnecessary injuries and increase your body’s ability to recover after a workout. Additionally, some of the effects of chiropractic adjustments include enhanced pulmonary function, reduced muscle tension, and increased energy levels, all of which directly improve athletic performance.
If you’re interested in experiencing the numerous benefits and effects of chiropractic care, pay a visit to your local physician, Dr. Marc Rogers of Coastal Chiropractic. One phone call to Dr. Rogers can bring you one step closer to feeling like your best self. Make an appointment today by calling (727) 581-2774.